Friday, May 8, 2009

Brave McKayla

We had McKayla's ears pierced when she was a a baby but within a few years they closed over. Since that happened we told her she could have them pierced again whenever she was ready. She finally made that decision this week! I took McKayla and her friend Sydnee to Claire's yesterday to have her ears pierced. Sydnee was her moral support and gave her plenty of pointers since she has had her ears pierced for a year now.

She told her that she could hold their bear or bring her own. She did both!
Right before the first ear was pierced.
Holding strong for her second one! She said, "OW, OW, OW!" afterwards and let out a small cry. Such a sad face!

She had a smile on her face as soon as she saw them but she said, "That pinched REALLY hard!" She was happy that she chose her birthstone, the garnet, for her studs.

McKayla and Sydnee picked out earrings when she was done. She is dying to wear them already...the 30 days she has to leave the studs in are going to test her (and our) patience!
We were so proud of McKayla and she was so proud of herself! She made a bet with Sydnee that if she had her ears pierced she would get to choose all the games they play for a week! She was excited that she won the bet too!

4 comments:

MillerTime said...

McKayla!!! You are soooo brave!! And those earings look GREAT!!!

Kris said...

Hey pretty girl! LOVE the earings! I had to wait until I was 12!!

Maile's said...

how cute McKayla!! you are brave!
CUTHBERTSON'S WE MISS YOU GUYS!!!!
mary, will you let me know when you will be down again so we can say hi and visit.. I hope you had a safe trip.
also, tori has a note for you, so if you could send your address, i will mail it.
lots of love, Nisi xoxo

Ashlyn said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to tell you good-bye on the last day of school. I miss you already. Good luck!
P.S. Tell McKayla that when I got my ears pierced I thought the same thing.